EH&S is responsible for the management of regulated wastes at Pitt. No lab chemicals or untreated biological wastes should be placed in general trash, flushed down drains or otherwise inappropriately disposed. Contact EH&S at 412-624-9505 or email@example.com with questions regarding proper disposal procedures.
Please keep the following COVID-19 Safety and Wellness guidelines in mind when conducting waste drop-off activities:
- A self-supplied cloth mask or a barrier mask must be worn when outside the lab
- Maintain social distancing by waiting for an “empty” freight elevator
When a material has no further use and has been declared a waste by the user, it must be clearly labeled as a waste. The proper disposal of waste chemicals at Pitt is necessary to meet our stewardship and regulatory compliance requirements. Environmental Health and Safety is available to provide technical guidance, assistance, and additional information.
2020 Chemical Waste Disposal Schedules
- Pittsburgh Campus Chemical Waste Pickup Schedule (PDF)
- Biomedical Science Tower (BSTWR) (PDF)
- Biomedical Science Tower 3 (BST3)
- Biotechnology Center (PDF)
- Bridgeside Point 2 (PDF)
- Scaife Hall (PDF)
- Hillman Cancer Center (PDF)
Waste Disposal Resources