- Each campus building is equipped with its own alarm system. If you hear the emergency alarm, EVACUATE.
- Evacuation routes in any building are marked by EXIT signs.
- If your building is equipped with visible emergency signals (e.g., strobe lights), EVACUATE when strobes are flashing. Evacuate to the nearest stairs, following EXIT signs.
- Exit the building and move away from building entrance. Contact EH&S if you are not capable of self-evacuation or complying with the evacuation plan.
- A personalized life safety plan can be developed for you.
For more information on Pitt building evacuations: EHS Guideline 02-001: Fire and Emergency Evacuation Procedures.
Review the Building Occupancy Handbooks for information regarding workplace safety and specific evacuation plans by building.